To the face I love the most
So today I had 10 kids and they needed something to do. So I challenged the older girls to write a story. I gave them the beginning and end and told them to fill in the middle. This entertained them for a while and soon all the kids were wanting to write a story.
Kiersten came up with this on:
THE FRIEND
by Kiersten Rowe
The friends go on a trip to the beach. At the beach they play with the friends and the name Kiersten and Mikyla
the end
So since I challenged the kids to write a story I thought I had better write one also. Granted I am no Author and this is all just for the fun of the day to cure the bordom.
To the Face I love the most!
by LaDawn
During the early hours of the morning, just as the sun began to peek over the edge of the eastern mountains. Two friends started a journey to the deepest darkest part of the Rowan Forrest. At first the walk was easy. The Forrest was wide and the path was clear. The musical sound of birds chipping in the branches above made our hearts fill light with excitement. Not forgetting the distant echo of their mothers to be careful and aware of all things, but most importantly to return home safely before dark.
Constant chatter kept the two friends going for awhile when Lacie, the girl stopped suddenly all her senses on alert. Todd, the boy not realizing Lacie had stopped continued a few more steps then realizing he was alone turned around to see Lacie's face. She was nervously looking around not quite sure what was going on. Todd said, " Lacie, what's wrong?" Lacie softly answered, " I am not sure. I think I heard something over there," as she pointed to her left. The two friends continued listening for a few more seconds then Lacie said, " it must of been nothing lets go Todd."
They walked hand in hand quietly for awhile. Deeper and deeper they went into the Forrest. Soon they saw a clearing. Lacie and Todd decided that would be a good place to rest. Ducking below the last branches they entered the clearing. The sun had moved higher in the sky and all the dew on the Forrest floor had been burned off. Lacie and Todd decided to sit down for awhile and watch the animals.
Not to much time had gone by when they saw a Doe and her fawn wander into the clearing. A group of rabbits hopped out search for food. Some even started to play some games of tag or what rabbits would call tag.
Something still seemed not right in this very happy seen.
It was Todd this time that became all alert and looking around wondering what he had just heard. This made Lacie remember her feelings of before. "Todd" she whispered "what's going on?" Todd wasn't sure, but put his arm around Lacie in an effort to comfort her.
Suddenly the entire clearing was still as an unknown something stepped out into the clearing from the far side. Lacie and Todd could feel their hearts quicken and the hair on the back of their necks was prickling and standing on end. Before long they were able to see that the thing was a person or a man to be exact. He approached them in three large strides. Lacie and Todd froze...... Who was this man? How could he move with such speed? What did he want? HELP!! were just a few of the thoughts passing through our young friends minds. The man reached out looking at Lacie first and then Todd, extending a hand to each of them. Lacie also looked at Todd then back at the man. Todd looked back and forth between the two as well and then caught a small sparkle a twinkle if you will in the man's eyes and all the fear went out of Todd. He looked at Lacie again and in a cracked voice said, " Lacie it's OK." Lacie then reached up and took the man's hand as she got to her feet. Todd jumped up too. The man then gestured to the friends to follow him. Lacie and Todd had to run to keep up. The man seemed to glide on the top of the grass. Nothing seemed to be left behind where he walked. Finally he spoke, " NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS YOU WILL COME TO LOVE ME!" What a strange thing for a stranger to say to them. Although he didn't feel like much of a stranger anymore. There was something different about this unknown man. Something Lacie and Todd couldn't describe, something that again had them on alert. Not because they were scared any more but because they were curious.
The unknown man took them farther in the Forrest. It was so deep the sunlight couldn't scarcely be seen anymore. Soon the path was so narrow they had to walk single file sideways. Suddenly the man stopped. Todd and Lacie hunched over trying to catch their breath. Never before had the two friends moved so fast.
Suddenly the man was behind the two friends. They felt they were being lifted off the ground. How this was possible for so many reasons was beyond any common sense they had. They felt like they were starting to fall. The smell of dirt told them they were falling and yet they still felt safe. They realized they were in some kind of house. The room was barely lit. As there eyes adjusted they saw furniture in the room. They were motioned to sit down and did so. Then the man reached for something and soon Todd was holding a book. Puzzled he opened it and was shocked to see himself in the book. Lacie leaned over and let out a soft scream when she saw Todd. They both looked at the man and waited.
The man began, " before you leave you will love me." again this strange sentence from this man. Lacie and Todd didn't say anything they just waited. The man continued. A long time ago your mother (pointing at Todd) was lost in the Forrest. I was working and heard her crying for help.. I came to her rescue. She was so grateful she choose to stay with me. We were so happy. We built this home as a shelter from the world and nothing else existed. Some time passed and your mom started to get sad. Nothing I did seemed to help her get over this sadness. I realized she was lonely missing her friends and family and I choose to let her go. She left me and continued her life away from me. Soon I found that she had had a child. She wrote and sent me pictures of you. I treasured all of this. I knew someday you would come to me. I am your father. Its all there in the book if you don't believe me. Lacie looked at me and smiled. I must have looked weird because she started to laugh. After processing this Todd relaxed and got to know his dad. When it was time to leave Lacie and Todd really had grown to love the man.
the end
I know it is silly but sometimes that is how things all work out. The girls did there stories about there friends and them at school .. You know 4Th grade girls and there boyfriends. well anyway, not much else happened today.
Kiersten came up with this on:
THE FRIEND
by Kiersten Rowe
The friends go on a trip to the beach. At the beach they play with the friends and the name Kiersten and Mikyla
the end
So since I challenged the kids to write a story I thought I had better write one also. Granted I am no Author and this is all just for the fun of the day to cure the bordom.
To the Face I love the most!
by LaDawn
During the early hours of the morning, just as the sun began to peek over the edge of the eastern mountains. Two friends started a journey to the deepest darkest part of the Rowan Forrest. At first the walk was easy. The Forrest was wide and the path was clear. The musical sound of birds chipping in the branches above made our hearts fill light with excitement. Not forgetting the distant echo of their mothers to be careful and aware of all things, but most importantly to return home safely before dark.
Constant chatter kept the two friends going for awhile when Lacie, the girl stopped suddenly all her senses on alert. Todd, the boy not realizing Lacie had stopped continued a few more steps then realizing he was alone turned around to see Lacie's face. She was nervously looking around not quite sure what was going on. Todd said, " Lacie, what's wrong?" Lacie softly answered, " I am not sure. I think I heard something over there," as she pointed to her left. The two friends continued listening for a few more seconds then Lacie said, " it must of been nothing lets go Todd."
They walked hand in hand quietly for awhile. Deeper and deeper they went into the Forrest. Soon they saw a clearing. Lacie and Todd decided that would be a good place to rest. Ducking below the last branches they entered the clearing. The sun had moved higher in the sky and all the dew on the Forrest floor had been burned off. Lacie and Todd decided to sit down for awhile and watch the animals.
Not to much time had gone by when they saw a Doe and her fawn wander into the clearing. A group of rabbits hopped out search for food. Some even started to play some games of tag or what rabbits would call tag.
Something still seemed not right in this very happy seen.
It was Todd this time that became all alert and looking around wondering what he had just heard. This made Lacie remember her feelings of before. "Todd" she whispered "what's going on?" Todd wasn't sure, but put his arm around Lacie in an effort to comfort her.
Suddenly the entire clearing was still as an unknown something stepped out into the clearing from the far side. Lacie and Todd could feel their hearts quicken and the hair on the back of their necks was prickling and standing on end. Before long they were able to see that the thing was a person or a man to be exact. He approached them in three large strides. Lacie and Todd froze...... Who was this man? How could he move with such speed? What did he want? HELP!! were just a few of the thoughts passing through our young friends minds. The man reached out looking at Lacie first and then Todd, extending a hand to each of them. Lacie also looked at Todd then back at the man. Todd looked back and forth between the two as well and then caught a small sparkle a twinkle if you will in the man's eyes and all the fear went out of Todd. He looked at Lacie again and in a cracked voice said, " Lacie it's OK." Lacie then reached up and took the man's hand as she got to her feet. Todd jumped up too. The man then gestured to the friends to follow him. Lacie and Todd had to run to keep up. The man seemed to glide on the top of the grass. Nothing seemed to be left behind where he walked. Finally he spoke, " NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS YOU WILL COME TO LOVE ME!" What a strange thing for a stranger to say to them. Although he didn't feel like much of a stranger anymore. There was something different about this unknown man. Something Lacie and Todd couldn't describe, something that again had them on alert. Not because they were scared any more but because they were curious.
The unknown man took them farther in the Forrest. It was so deep the sunlight couldn't scarcely be seen anymore. Soon the path was so narrow they had to walk single file sideways. Suddenly the man stopped. Todd and Lacie hunched over trying to catch their breath. Never before had the two friends moved so fast.
Suddenly the man was behind the two friends. They felt they were being lifted off the ground. How this was possible for so many reasons was beyond any common sense they had. They felt like they were starting to fall. The smell of dirt told them they were falling and yet they still felt safe. They realized they were in some kind of house. The room was barely lit. As there eyes adjusted they saw furniture in the room. They were motioned to sit down and did so. Then the man reached for something and soon Todd was holding a book. Puzzled he opened it and was shocked to see himself in the book. Lacie leaned over and let out a soft scream when she saw Todd. They both looked at the man and waited.
The man began, " before you leave you will love me." again this strange sentence from this man. Lacie and Todd didn't say anything they just waited. The man continued. A long time ago your mother (pointing at Todd) was lost in the Forrest. I was working and heard her crying for help.. I came to her rescue. She was so grateful she choose to stay with me. We were so happy. We built this home as a shelter from the world and nothing else existed. Some time passed and your mom started to get sad. Nothing I did seemed to help her get over this sadness. I realized she was lonely missing her friends and family and I choose to let her go. She left me and continued her life away from me. Soon I found that she had had a child. She wrote and sent me pictures of you. I treasured all of this. I knew someday you would come to me. I am your father. Its all there in the book if you don't believe me. Lacie looked at me and smiled. I must have looked weird because she started to laugh. After processing this Todd relaxed and got to know his dad. When it was time to leave Lacie and Todd really had grown to love the man.
the end
I know it is silly but sometimes that is how things all work out. The girls did there stories about there friends and them at school .. You know 4Th grade girls and there boyfriends. well anyway, not much else happened today.

1 Comments:
At January 21, 2008 at 10:42 PM ,
Andria said...
What a creative mind you have. That was a great story. I hope you make a lot of these up for your kids because you are talented!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home