no more excitement please
What a week! Monday march 2 started out like a normal week. Everyone got up and prepared for the day like normal and all seemed to be fine until Ian came home from school sick with a fever and tummy ache and runny nose everything that sounded like the flu bug. Later that night William complained of not feeling well. I am always so excited when my kids are sick. Anyway, Thanks to daddy and a special moment the boys were feeling better the next day. Ian did stay home just in case but was ready to venture out to school again on Wed.
Wed. March 4th Kiersten and Tori (one of the girls we babysit) were in the school talent show. This was lots of fun and great to see all the kids put for an effort to show there developing talents. As we were leaving the school to go back home the car flashed the oil light and stopped working. So Dan and I switched places and smelled gas. We pushed the car out onto the street and back into the parking lot where we checked things out, called our dear friends to rescue us and got a tow truck to take the car to get fixed. Come to find out the filter line for the gas broke off and we had lost a lot of gas during this process (the reason for the smelly air). We were grateful for roadside assistance and fast thinking friends.
Thur. March 5th. Our friend picked me and all the kids up and drove us to the shop to get the car fixed at 8 am. This is the time the shopped opened. luck for us it was an easy quick fix. We were in and out within 40 minutes. Thinking everything was fine and dandy we went our separate ways and continued on with life feeling very grateful for blessings.
Friday wasn't to bad seemed normal until about noon when I had a craving for Chinese food from Safeway. Since they have closed most of the Safeway's around here I had to drive a little ways when my phone rang. I forgot that one of my kids were coming late and i was worried they were waiting at my home. Come to find out I was almost to were they were having lunch at so I pulled over at my kids dentist office and met this mom who happened to have all her kids so I got more then I bargained for. So much for my craving. I came home and prepared for my 12 kids that I would be having and waited for Dan to rescue me. That night I made him take me to get my food, while Kiersten ended up spending a really long time at her friends playing.
Sat. March 7th We got up and prepared to go to Portland to the temple. All was going well. The sitter showed up on time and we were all ready. We picked up Linda and took off. We arrived extra early so we were able to have a nice lunch before we did our work. We were all really happy and having a great time. Afterwards it was time to go home. The car was shaking and feeling like we had a flat tire so Dan pulled over and check the tires they were all full and seemed fine. We got back in and continued our journey. A few minutes later the tire comes completely off and bounce/rolls away while the disc hits the road and sparks go flying. Dan was able to pull the car over safely and get us out of harms way. We then checked out the damage. I got on the phone with the insurance and called for our 2nd tow truck this week while Dan and Linda walked 1/4 of a mile back to get the tire. While we were waiting for the truck we had some really nice military people stop to help us and a few other people to see if we were OK. I had finally gotten a hold of the insurance and had started talking to them when I noticed a tow truck drive backwards down the freeway. I thought the driver was going to try and cross the street to tow us but Dan informed them that we had called someone and were waiting so this truck and driver took off. We waited for awhile calling people letting them know we would be later and trying to figure out what to do. When the truck finally arrived all shops were closed for the evening so he asked were we wanted to go. This started our first game of sardines. We fit 4 people in the cab of the tow truck. Linda ended up sitting sideways on my lap while I was half sitting on Dan just to make room. We were dropped off at a motel in Willisonville to wait until Monday when the insurance would send someone out to look at our car. We knew we couldn't stay until then so we called family and asked them to get the kids from the sitter and come and get us. they weren't able to come for a few more hours so we waited. We ate dinner and walked around Target and purchased some books and games and things for us to do. Then our ride showed up and we started our second game of sardines. this time I was sitting on the door handle leaning on Dan who was squished in the middle. we rode this way all the way back to Eugene.
All in all we are just so grateful to our Heavenly Father who really watched out for us today and help us to not only walk away from something that could have been really bad but made it so that nothing more then the tire falling off happened. Our family took care of the kids and got us home safe and sound. We couldn't be more grateful and more blessed then we are today.
Wed. March 4th Kiersten and Tori (one of the girls we babysit) were in the school talent show. This was lots of fun and great to see all the kids put for an effort to show there developing talents. As we were leaving the school to go back home the car flashed the oil light and stopped working. So Dan and I switched places and smelled gas. We pushed the car out onto the street and back into the parking lot where we checked things out, called our dear friends to rescue us and got a tow truck to take the car to get fixed. Come to find out the filter line for the gas broke off and we had lost a lot of gas during this process (the reason for the smelly air). We were grateful for roadside assistance and fast thinking friends.
Thur. March 5th. Our friend picked me and all the kids up and drove us to the shop to get the car fixed at 8 am. This is the time the shopped opened. luck for us it was an easy quick fix. We were in and out within 40 minutes. Thinking everything was fine and dandy we went our separate ways and continued on with life feeling very grateful for blessings.
Friday wasn't to bad seemed normal until about noon when I had a craving for Chinese food from Safeway. Since they have closed most of the Safeway's around here I had to drive a little ways when my phone rang. I forgot that one of my kids were coming late and i was worried they were waiting at my home. Come to find out I was almost to were they were having lunch at so I pulled over at my kids dentist office and met this mom who happened to have all her kids so I got more then I bargained for. So much for my craving. I came home and prepared for my 12 kids that I would be having and waited for Dan to rescue me. That night I made him take me to get my food, while Kiersten ended up spending a really long time at her friends playing.
Sat. March 7th We got up and prepared to go to Portland to the temple. All was going well. The sitter showed up on time and we were all ready. We picked up Linda and took off. We arrived extra early so we were able to have a nice lunch before we did our work. We were all really happy and having a great time. Afterwards it was time to go home. The car was shaking and feeling like we had a flat tire so Dan pulled over and check the tires they were all full and seemed fine. We got back in and continued our journey. A few minutes later the tire comes completely off and bounce/rolls away while the disc hits the road and sparks go flying. Dan was able to pull the car over safely and get us out of harms way. We then checked out the damage. I got on the phone with the insurance and called for our 2nd tow truck this week while Dan and Linda walked 1/4 of a mile back to get the tire. While we were waiting for the truck we had some really nice military people stop to help us and a few other people to see if we were OK. I had finally gotten a hold of the insurance and had started talking to them when I noticed a tow truck drive backwards down the freeway. I thought the driver was going to try and cross the street to tow us but Dan informed them that we had called someone and were waiting so this truck and driver took off. We waited for awhile calling people letting them know we would be later and trying to figure out what to do. When the truck finally arrived all shops were closed for the evening so he asked were we wanted to go. This started our first game of sardines. We fit 4 people in the cab of the tow truck. Linda ended up sitting sideways on my lap while I was half sitting on Dan just to make room. We were dropped off at a motel in Willisonville to wait until Monday when the insurance would send someone out to look at our car. We knew we couldn't stay until then so we called family and asked them to get the kids from the sitter and come and get us. they weren't able to come for a few more hours so we waited. We ate dinner and walked around Target and purchased some books and games and things for us to do. Then our ride showed up and we started our second game of sardines. this time I was sitting on the door handle leaning on Dan who was squished in the middle. we rode this way all the way back to Eugene.
All in all we are just so grateful to our Heavenly Father who really watched out for us today and help us to not only walk away from something that could have been really bad but made it so that nothing more then the tire falling off happened. Our family took care of the kids and got us home safe and sound. We couldn't be more grateful and more blessed then we are today.
Labels: family

2 Comments:
At March 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM ,
Margaret said...
Woah! That is a LOT to happen in one week. The good thing about this week is it can only get better.☺
At March 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM ,
Anonymous said...
I am a YOGA MASTER!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home