My KIWE Rowes

Growing by leaps and bounds

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The comet that hit my house

so Kiersten saw the news last night about a medeorite shower as was very scared by it and thought a comet was going to hit our house. she wouldn't go to bed for anything and come out at one point and told me she had a dream that a comet had hit our house. She was so scared and crying and wouldn't go back to bed. So we told her to pray and ask heavenly father to help her. she came back out a few minutes later and told me she had prayed but was still scared. So we told her to sing as many primary songs as she knows. she did then came out again and said it didn't work. finially we said that Heavenly Father, mommy and daddy will protect her and nothing bad would happen so after a long time she finally fell asleep. around 11:30 pm I got her up and took her outside. she didn't want to go and i had to carry her out. Once she saw the meteorites in the sky she was happy and loved the stars again. She realized they were so high up that nothing bad could happen. Anyway this morning we came up with this poem for her to enter a contest and also to help her realize the fear and the happiness that came from it. I hope you all enjoy the insites of my daughters brain.



The Comet that hit my house
By Kiersten N. Rowe


A comet hit my bedroom and it blew up the wall.
I was scared that everything would fall.

It started a fire in my room
I thought I was trapped in a ball of doom.

I didn’t know how I would get out
So I started to pout.

I came and told my parents that I was scared of the comet
And the fire that would come from it.

Mommy and daddy hugged me and wiped away my tears
So I wouldn’t have any more fears.

Mommy told me to pray and sing a song
I tried to do this all night long.

When I finally fell asleep
I didn’t make a peep.

I dreamed of ponies playing the Forrest
They were singing in a chores.

In the middle of the night
My mommy turned on the light,

And took me outside to see the meteorite shower
That had been going on for hours.

I wasn’t scared any more
It was cool not a bore.

I like to see the stars again
So long as they don’t fall on my chin.

It looked like stars fell in the night sky
Burring bright then oh me oh my .

Then they turned to dust
Not rust.

I thought it would fall on my head
So I hurried back to bed.

The end


Kiersten N. Rowe
Grade 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home