My KIWE Rowes

Growing by leaps and bounds

Monday, May 16, 2011

an adventure with our flat son of Heleman Coconut

              Thank you so much for doing this amazing project.  Our family
had so much fun getting to know flat coconut.  We had so many more things we
wanted to do , however, the adventure was fun anyway.  Just like a true son of
Heleman he was taught well and endured many hardships and was not lost to
death. 

              We had a vacation planned when we got Coconut in
the mail.  so instead of staying in Oregon where we live we hit the road and
explored several states along the way.   First we had to pack up the car and get
ready to go.  Then as we were all stuffed in and headed down the road coconut
got to enjoy the company of our family.  He got to play games, look out the
window and even sleep.  Our first day wasn't too long in the car we stopped at a
hotel in Burns OR.  Where we were able to stay the night.  It was fun to be in a
hotel and get to sleep/jump on other peoples beds.  :)  we then got back in the
car and headed to Utah.  We spent most of the day in Idaho.  We passed the Boise
Idaho temple and marveled at its beauty.  We stopped at a rest stop where we
could look a crossed the boarder at Oregon but be in Idaho.  We got a map and
lots of pictures.  As we drove and drove we saw many things that us kids from
the city don't normally see.  Like cows, dessert, sage brush,and many more
things.  We all cheered loudly when we crossed the boarder into Utah because we
knew our long drive was almost over and our fun with grammy and grandpa was
about to begin.  Our journey in Utah started in Snowville.  We always stop at the flying J and get a snack stretch our legs and enjoy being
in UT.  Then we get back in the car and
try to guess which mountains are the cache valley mountains.  we get to see them
from both sides.  we get to the Pocatello exit where you have to get off to go
to Logan and played a trick on grammy.  we called her and said we were going to
poky.  she didn't think we were too funny.   As we came around the bend from
tremonton towards Logan we started to look for the temple.  What a beautiful
site.  To be able to look and see this beautiful temple from so far away.  We
knew we were close to our finally destination as soon as we saw the temple. 
After 14 hours of driving in the car we finally got to grammy and grandpa's 
were we got to rest and play air hockey and run up and down the stairs.  We
don't have basements in Oregon because there is so much rain it would always be
flooded so stairs is a great adventure for us. 

             The next
day we got back in the car this time with grammy and grandpa and went to Salt
Lake.  Our destination was temple square and the Salt Lake temple.  What a
beautiful place.  We got to see a fountain of water that was shooting really
high.  It was pretty.  We also saw the temple.  Wow we love to see temples. 
They make us so happy.  We took a tour of the conference center and the church
office buildings.  This was kind of scary we were 34 stories in the sky and
looking out over all of Salt Lake.  It was closed in so you didn't fall.  It was
really pretty.  We saw so much from up high.  Our favorite part though was going
to the visitor center and seeing the Christis.  It wasn't at first though.   We were scared. 
We didn't know what the Big Jesus was going to do if He was real or not and why
we had to go up this twisty thing just to get there.  Mommy and Daddy had to
carry us up there and we were so scared we were crying.  Once we got there
though it was so cool.  Coconut, Kiersten and Ian went up right away to see
Jesus and to touch Him and have pictures by him but William was still a little
scared.  He wasn't sure that Jesus was real or not.  After some time he got to
feel better about being there and slowly approached the statue.  He was trying
to do this so that no one would see him.  He started to investigate and reached
out to touch our Saviors feet and feel the nail prints in them.  Then he looked
up and realized who the statue was.  HE knew that it was a representation of
Jesus our Brother, Savior and Redeemer.  He turned to me and said , " mommy you
have to come see this"  and then ran over grabbed my hand and took me back.  We
felt the prints together and I was so proud.  I started to cry at the beauty of
the moment.  As everyone else went to walk around and see the different pictures
Will and I sat and discovered the Savior.  Then we split up and Mommy and Daddy
went into the temple and grammy, grandpa and the kids went to the Joseph Smith
memorial building where they got to dress up in clothes from Mexico and dance
around.  Then the kids and coconut went back to the Christis a few more times.  They loved it so much.  (
this is my testimony on that.....  My family and I have recently visited temple
square in Salt Lake City Utah. as we were touring the sites, we took the
opportunity to go up to the statue of our Savior. A place I had gone to many
times as a child. The last time I had been there a rope was around the Christis. I sat and watched as little
children would escape the grasps of there parents hands and do everything they
could to get to Jesus. The parents would reach out and stop them as often as
they could and my heart went out to say the go" When my family and I went up
there we noticed the ropes had been taken away. I watched as my own children
took the opportunity to "go to Jesus" and how they came to recognizes that the
statue represents Our Brother, Our Savior, and Our Redeemer Jesus Christ. There
the quiet approach was inspiring to me. Especially when my youngest went over
and tenderly touched the foot and felt the prints. Then turned so excited to me
and said, "mom, mom come and see" As we were leaving we heard the message that
is played for all who come saying," Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I
created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with
the Father from the beginning." 3 Ne. 9 vs 15 He invites us all to come unto Him as my children have
done recently said, "mom, mom come and see," so do I wish for all of us to be as
children and come unto the Savior every chance we get.  I say these things to
you with a full heart, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  )



                   After we left temple square we went on a tram like a train
to the mall for lunch with our cousins.  Then we came home.  We went past
crystal hot springs where daddy's ancestors discovered and built for all of us
to enjoy.  The next day was Easter.  We got to go on an Easter Egg hunt with my
Uncle and Aunt and there kids.  Grammy and Grandpa have a big law so there were
eggs hidden every where.  We had so much fun trying to find them all.  Then we
got to sit down in a circle with grandpa and have presents.  After this we had
all our Uncles and Aunts come out for a bbq.  we even had our favorite foods, hamburger hotdogs and of
course dessert.  We also had fun coloring eggs and making bead animals.  Grammy
got these cool beads that we had to put on a pattern and then iron to make them
stick together and become animals or shapes that we liked.  Coconut loved the
egg coloring and the beads.  He tried to help us with that.  The next day mommy
and daddy got there early birthday presents and had to go to a hotel while we
got to spend time with grammy and grandpa all by ourselves.  But before they
left we saw our great grandparents both the Godfrey's and the Warner's and had
four generation pictures with them.  Then we kicked mommy and daddy out and went
bowling with our cousin Andrew and grammy and grandpa.  Coconut loved this . 



                 Then mommy and daddy came home and we celebrated Grammy's
birthday.  Mommy and Daddy had went to the store and got the freshest strawberry
pie ever.  The workers at the store made it for them while they waited.  It was
still warm when they got back, and oh so yummy.  That night we went to Angies for dinner and got to see our Aunt Uncle
and Cousins again.  We all joked about eating the sink but none of use could do
it.  We got to sing to Grammy and we all got free ice cream.  Yummy.  Coconut
had his first wound then.  My baby cousin got a hold of him and ripped his head
off.   But with quick thinking from mommy we got so tape and fixed him up.  few
that was a fast operation and he felt so much better.  later that night daddy,
grandpa and our uncle went to see a movie while the rest of us went back to
grammy's. 



                 The next day we had to make cupcakes.  We made so many
cupcakes it was like 200.  Our Aunt came out to make cute hair bows and we got
to go to with our Uncle to his house to play for a long time.  It was so much
fun.  But later that night by accident coconut got another owie.  He arm got
broken and we had to bandage him up again.  Coconut is a fighter.  He just kept
on smiling and enjoying our time together.  After he was all fixed up we went to
play air hockey again.  This was one of our favorite things to do at grammy and
grandpa's as we did it as much as we could.  Our great grandpa also went to the
hospital for a heart surgery.  We were really worried about him and thought he
might die.  We were so glad that they could do the surgery and make him better. 
It was sad to think that he might not be here any more. 



                The next day we went to Ogden to see our daddy's aunt and
uncle and spend some time with them.  Then we got to see the Ogden temple and
found out they are going to tear it down and rebuild it again.  This was
surprising to us.  We didn't think that was possible and have never heard of a
temple being destroyed before.  It was kind of sad to think of what they were
going to do to the temple but happy to know that they would build it again and
it will be even more beautiful then.  ( this makes me think again of my
testimony.  Our bodies are temples and what we do to them can either make them
more beautiful or can destroy them.  I know that I don't always do all that I
can to keep my temple beautiful but I know that I can work on it daily and do
all that I can to clean it up and make it a place where the spirit of the Lord
will be happy to dwell.  I am greatful for the opportunity to repent and come
unto our Father in Heaven by keeping the commandment, the promises i made at my
baptism and renewing them each week as I partake of the sacrament.  I know that
my savior lives and loves me too.  I know that I am his daughter and I am
greatful I can keep the commandments and live with him again some day.  ) we
went to the ogden hospital to see grandpa he had just gotten out of surgery so
he was still pretty sleepy but he was going to live and be better so that made
us happy.  We also got to go to the mall and meet the guy that our brother is
named after that was pretty cool.  Coconut seems to be having so much fun.  We
also got to ride a horse.  It was so big and beautiful and we were scared
again.  But loved it once we tried it.  Coconut felt right at home on the back
of the horse.  He smiled so big. 



                   Craft sale day...  This was super busy we had to frost all
the cupcakes we made and make signs and decorate and do all that stuff for the
craft show.  We had planned this for a long time and when it was time to go set
up we were all excited.  Coconut got to see sister Douglass and spend some time
with her and help sell her doll clothes, but mostly he got to help sale/give
away cup cakes.  He loved this so much. 



                    Our Utah journey came to an end as we packed up the car
and said goodbye but our adventure wasn't over yet.  We drove to Twin Falls
Idaho and went to see the shoshone falls.  They were so beautiful we saw a
complete rainbow and several more rainbows up in the air.  We went by the water
is was rushing so fast and creating bubbles and so pretty.  Coconut got a little
bit wet.  We hiked around up a few trails and saw even more waterfalls along the
way.  It was amazing.  Then we went back to the same hotel we stayed in before
but this time it was a different room.  We walked over to the store and got some
pizza and played at the arcade.  We even tried to win a tv.  Then we came home
and noticed that coconut had another tear on his arm so once again he had to see
the dr and get it fixed.  So brave he was to survived all the breaks he went
through and all the traveling.  After being home for a few days we went to
school and activity days and got to share in the girls mother's day activity
where they made seceret gifts for mom.  It was so much fun. 



                  Coconuts journey as come to an end.  We wanted to go to the
ocean but just didn't make it. He has come back home to Utah.  He enjoyed his
time with us and we enjoyed having him here.  He is a valant servant who has
been taught well.  We enjoyed all our time with him.   thanks for letting us
have this opportunity.



I love the savior with all of my heart.  I know the gospel is true and I have
read and know the book of mormon is the word of God.  I know that Jospeh smith
saw Heavenly father and Jesus and I know that he was able to restore the gospel
for us.  I am so greatful to have the gospel in my life and the many blessings
it brings to me.  Espically the blessings of the temple.  I am greatful that I
was/am worthy to be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity and to be
able to go back as often as i can.  I love to see the temple and I love to go to
the temple to pray and to have Heavnely Father answer my prayers.  I know He
loves me and I know that I am his daughter.  I say these things in the name of
Jesus Christ Amen. 

Love
LaDawn, Dan, Kiersten, Ian and William

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home