Things that make you go hmmmmm
Why do all bad things happen in three's????
We are onto bad thing #3 and I am hoping it is the last. We need good and happy things to happen so we can feel good about leaving for our trip next week.
Anyway I noticed a while ago that the outlet we plug the heater into looked a little burned. I didn't press it to hard until today. One of my daycare kids had pulled the plug out of the wall. I just moved him away and carried on with the day. Later the house was getting a little cool so I went to plug the heater back in. I heard this sizzling noise and saw a little smoke. I pulled the plug and tried the bottom of the outlet wondering if maybe the top part had gone bad. I turned the heater on walked away and sat down to read a book. I had just picked up the book when I heard the sizzling noise again and I looked over. sure enough my outlet had caught fire and was burning up the wall. I ran over pulled the plug and got the fire out. Needless to say I had 6 kids sleeping at this point and we are all safe and sound. The fire didn't get to big and stopped as soon as the plug was out of the wall. There are no more prongs on the plug so the heater is useless. Now I just have to find an electrician to come and fix my outlet.................
tomorrow is going to be a better day
We are onto bad thing #3 and I am hoping it is the last. We need good and happy things to happen so we can feel good about leaving for our trip next week.
Anyway I noticed a while ago that the outlet we plug the heater into looked a little burned. I didn't press it to hard until today. One of my daycare kids had pulled the plug out of the wall. I just moved him away and carried on with the day. Later the house was getting a little cool so I went to plug the heater back in. I heard this sizzling noise and saw a little smoke. I pulled the plug and tried the bottom of the outlet wondering if maybe the top part had gone bad. I turned the heater on walked away and sat down to read a book. I had just picked up the book when I heard the sizzling noise again and I looked over. sure enough my outlet had caught fire and was burning up the wall. I ran over pulled the plug and got the fire out. Needless to say I had 6 kids sleeping at this point and we are all safe and sound. The fire didn't get to big and stopped as soon as the plug was out of the wall. There are no more prongs on the plug so the heater is useless. Now I just have to find an electrician to come and fix my outlet.................
tomorrow is going to be a better day

1 Comments:
At March 13, 2009 at 7:52 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Too bad you didn't have any marshmallows....just a thought. I am very glad that nothing bad really happened though.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home