My KIWE Rowes

Growing by leaps and bounds

Friday, February 19, 2010

food for thought

So I was wasting time on the computer this afternoon and all of a sudden I had a craving for home made wheat bread.  It had to be fresh ground and hot.  I could almost taste it.  I posted this on facebook just for fun and at the very moment a wonderful friend of mine (Anna) was making this bread.  She was so sweet she brought me a warm loaf of bread when it was done.  The best part was not just the way it tasted and made me feel good but the way William was about it.  When I got the bread I was being silly holding it close pretending to be selfish and claiming it was all mine.  Will's eyes were huge and he followed me around the house.  I brought it into the bed room to tell Dan about the Whim that I had and Will was almost drooling at this point.  I smiled looked and Dan and said watch this I heald out the bread to Will and he reached up to grab it from me then I pulled a Lucy (from charley brown) and snatched it away and went into the other room.  Will practially ran me over trying to get the bread the other two were not paying much attention and the lure of fresh bread didn't captivate them much.  I went into the kitchen and slowly opened the foil then I found the knife and sliced a piece.  Then I decided to be nice and gave William the first one.  He devoured the bread like he had never eaten any thing so good before in his life.  He then begged for more.  I couldn't believe it.  This is a kid who wont eat anything begging for more bread.  I told him he could have more with dinner.  Since I have been ill I had another wonderful suprize.  My visiting teacher Brooke W. showed up with a yummy creamy home made chicken noodle soup.  The true test was on.  How much did William really like the bread.  Enough so that he ate every bite of dinner (which he said he didn't like ) just to eat the dessert of his special bread.  However, later he came sneaking into the kitchen and put his little nose on the soup bowl and lifted the ladel stired it a few times and scooped out a big spoonful of soup and then noticed I was watching he droped the spoon and smiled real big then picked it up very full again opened his mouth really wide and pretended to eat the soup then ran away.  It was so funny.  I guess he really did like the soup despite the fact that he said he didn't.   Awh the things kids will do for the food they love.   too bad  I didn't have a hidden camera to capture all of it.  It was so cute.  
THESE ACTS OF KINDNESS BROUGHT MANY WONDERFUL SMILES TO MY FACE THIS EVENING AND REALLY MADE ME FEEL BETTER. Thanks to wonderful friends to brighten my day and a silly boy who always makes me laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home